Research Leader for the Corruption & Law unit
Professor of Law and Economics Department of Accounting, Auditing and Law Norwegian School of Economics (NHH)
Tina Søreide is Professor of Law and Economics (Dr. Econ) at the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH) at the Department of Accounting, Auditing and Law.
She was previously employed by the Faculty of Law, University of Bergen (UiB), the Chr. Michelsen Institute (CMI) and the World Bank, Washington DC.
Her research is focused on corruption, governance, markets and development, currently with an emphasis on law enforcement.
She has published extensively on corruption and governance, including several books – the latest being Corruption and Criminal Justice: Bridging Legal and Economic Perspectives (Edw. Elgar, 2016).
Søreide has been engaged in policy work for the Norwegian Government and internationally, including for the OECD, the EU, the World Bank, development agencies and governments.
She is a member of the High Level Advisory Group on Anticorruption and Integrity (HLAG) to the Secretary General of the OECD.
In 2016 Tina Søreide won the 2017 best teacher prize for her master course “Corruption – Incentives, Disclosure and Liability” (more about the course click here). This is a prize for excellent teaching at the master level at NHH, awarded annually by the students.
1. An economic analysis of debarment. International Review of Law and Economics. 2017. 50: 36–49. With Emmanuelle Auriol.
3. Crimes, bribes and law enforcement. With Erling Hjelmeng. Conference paper and forthcoming in special volume of European Business Law Review).
4. Corruption control. With Kalle Moene. Crime, Law and Social Change: An International Journal. 2016. 66 (2): 147–163.
5. An efficient anticorruption sanctions regime? The case of the World Bank. With Linda Gröning and Rasmus Wandall. The Chicago Journal of International Law 16 (2): 523-552.
1. Corruption in state administration: an economic perspective. With Susan Rose-Ackerman. In Jennifer Arlen Ed. The Research Handbook on Corporate Crime and Financial Misdealing, Edward Elgar Publishing. Forthcoming 2017.
2. Good governance facades. In S. Rose-Ackerman and P. Lagunes Eds. Greed, Corruption, and the Modern State: Essays in Political Economy. Edward Elgar Publishing. With Kalle Moene. 2015.