The team working on LawTransform’s project Elevating water rights to human rights: Has it strengthened marginalized peoples’ claim for water? has created a special issue of Water on water and sanitation as Human Rights. LawTransform affiliates Bruce Wilson, Arkaja Singh, and Dan Brinks were special issue guest-editors.
The articles included are:
- Namita Wahi. The Evolution of the Right to Water in India. Water 2022, 14(3), 398.
- Arkaja Singh. The Right to Water, Law and Municipal Practice: Case Studies from India Water 2022, 14(1), 73.
- Mathea Loen and Siri Gloppen. Constitutionalising the Right to Water in Kenya and Slovenia: Domestic Drivers, Opportunity Structures, and Transnational Norm Entrepreneurs Water 2021, 13(24), 3548.
- Sabrina Kozikis and Inga T. Winkler. Between Confrontation and Cooperation: Right to Water Advocacy in the Courts, on the Streets, and at the Capitols in the United States Water 2021, 13(24), 3541.
- Lara Côrtes, Camila Gianella, Angela M. Páez and Catalina Vallejo Piedrahíta. Comparing Experiences of Constitutional Reforms to Enshrine the Right to Water in Brazil, Colombia, and Peru: Opportunities and Limitations Water 2021, 13(24), 3519.
- Christopher Michael Faulkner, Joshua Earl Lambert, Bruce M. Wilson and Matthew Steven Faulkner. The Human Right to Water and Sanitation: Using Natural Language Processing to Uncover Patterns in Academic Publishing Water 2021, 13(24), 3501.
- Lara Côrtes and Ana Côrtes. Right to Water and Courts in Brazil: How Do Brazilian Courts Rule When They Frame Water as a Right? Water 2021, 13(23), 3362.
- Jackie Dugard. Water Rights in a Time of Fragility: An Exploration of Contestation and Discourse around Cape Town’s “Day Zero” Water Crisis. Water 2021, 13(22), 3247.
Photo credits: Vishal Banik via Unsplash